Monday, May 19, 2008

New Fabric


I think this is my favorite part of making toys...buying the fabric.!! and today new fabric arrived so I am eager to start sewing more birds. Way back when my toys were manufactured, I used to go and roam around the warehouses of House of Pile in Brooklyn (they were so nice to me!), choosing giant rolls of polar fleece, in all different colors, to be sent to the factory to be made into my toys. House of Pile isn't there anymore so now I buy my Polar Fleece online from Malden Mills http://www.milldirecttextiles.com/
I usually choose a bunch of different colors and buy a yard of each because you can never really tell what the color will look like from the swatch chart. Here's what arrived today. The satin is from 39th St in NYC...a great street for fashion fabrics.
Anyway, wish me luck! I hope to be putting some of the Birdies up for sale very soon.

5 comments:

Sadie Says said...

Yay,that's exciting! How are you doing the faces? With paint like before? I always loved those hand painted faces.

Sadie Says said...

Oh never mind. I see now. THe birds have different faces--very cool. And I never noticed the satin before now!

Archie and Melissa said...

Hi wendy!
oh how exciting! I love all the the fabrics! I am drooling over here! Ha!

I cannot wait until i can own some of your birdie creations!

Have a wonderful holiday weekend!
:) Melissa and Emmitt

Archie and Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Archie and Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.